In 1929 A. R. Young started a company to be a factory agent representing high quality manufacturers. In 1948 the company was incorporated and built an office and fabrication shop in the current location. In the new building they started building and designing specialty equipment in addition to representing an expanding list of manufacturers. Somewhere in the late 60’s or early 70’s it was decided to switch from being a factory representative to a distributor and ramp down the inhouse fabrication.
Today A R Young Company is a family owned business and a distributor for high quality manufacturers. The basic principles have remained steady: represent / distribute quality products, know the products well and help the customer improve their machinery. The products themselves have changed drastically but our commitment to our customers remains.