Last updated June 2018.
Who we are
Our company AR Young Company Inc. is a company located in Indianapolis, IN. We are an industrial distributor of automation, bearings, motion control, motors, gearboxes, belts, chain, sprockets – everything needed to power machinery from the electrical power to your shaft.
Our website address is: https://aryoung.com/
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data.
- We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Quote Request and Contact Forms
When you request a quote from us through one of the quote request forms, when you contact us through one of our contact forms, or when you request service, we collect the data you give us and use it for the purpose of providing you the information you have asked for. This information includes for instance your name, phone number and email. It is NEVER released to a 3rd party and is solely used to respond to you and meet your needs.
When visitors leave comments (reviews) on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment (customer feedback) on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Connected third parties:
- Google and Google Analytics
- Google Maps
When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged via Google Analytics. This information is used to improve your customer experience and determine what content meets the needs of our customers.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any of our services;
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract.
- We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product that is related to your request;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with anyone. We use it internally to serve you better.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment or testimonial, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments/feedback may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
AR Young Company Inc.
Address: 520 Dorman Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Toll Free: 800-843-5312
How we protect your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.